Tuesday, 27 April 2010

The Island of Doom

One of the removal men today packing up my belonging described the Falklands as the Island of Doom.  He was only there for 3 days and said the pubs in Stanley are very good.  Apparently it is very cold and windy and people become manic depressives.  I am sitting smiling to myself in wonder. How did I get in this position?

My husband is frazzled downstairs.  He thought the packing would be finished by lunchtime, it went on all day.  One drawer full of stuff has been missed out.  We bickered today, he had one way of organising things which was complicated and unorganised and I had another.

The house looks lovely and tidy.  I will spend most of tomorrow dusting.  (Actually I won't, just trying to convice myself). Borrowed a pan, tin opener, wooden spoon, sieve from my mum.  Thank goodness for screw top wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment