Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Living in a house with no stuff but with two children

The next two weeks are going to be a challenge. No microwave, no tin opener, no oven tray, no computer printer, no corkscrew.

The children are bored.  I am bored of them being bored.  No Wii, no dvd player, no radio, no toys, no CDs.  My daughter has just suggested playing Scrabble but the games have been packed also.

House is tidy without the dog and husband.  No husband trying to organise.  So peaceful but a little dull.

My daughter has just asked for a Nutella sandwich.  Usually I would refuse point blank but as she just reasoned with me quite rationally "we need to use the food up in the cupboards, we cannot take it with us".  Fair point. My daughter is not too happy with me, I have packed her red nailvarnish.  She is nine years old.

My son has just thrown something past the window, a ball I think or a stick.  He likes to throw.  He has been outside for the last hour, he is covered in grass cuttings.  He is quite green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment