Sunday, 25 July 2010

Ladies that lunch in Stanley

Up early this morning to drive to Stanley to take part in a Save the Whale walk. I had a lovely morning sleeping until the last possible moment and then getting ready.  My husband pulled his hair out watching my son smear porridge all over himself and the table. Then he could not find a matching pair of socks. It was all very dramatic.

 We arrived early for the walk and it took two hours of brisk marching. We got some good photos of white sandy beaches and saw some Dolphins. It has been a great week weatherwise.  Sunshine every day and hardly any wind. I have had a taste of what it is going to be like in the Spring and Summer and I am very optimistic about my life here.

In fact life has never been rosier.  The pace of life is very relaxed and I find myself trying to get wound up like I used to but the fresh air here means I am constantly tired and have no energy to get worked up about anything. I just sigh a lot with contentment.

After the walk I went with a group of friends to a upmarket hotel on the seafront. I had a lovely Caesar salad with lots of white wine and felt totally delighted with life. There is salad here after all, you just have to find where it hides.

My calm state of mind will only last until Thursday.  Then the school holidays begin for a month.

2 comments:

  1. so nice to hear its going well - post some pics of your house too, preferably with some birds....

    ReplyDelete
  2. my neighbour has just got chickens that squeal and there are seagulls with red legs and red beaks.

    ReplyDelete