We went to Darwin yesterday which is about an hour's drive away. The road is much better than the Stanley road. The ditch on either side is only about 2 ft instead of 10. We saw about 5 other cars and thought that was a bit excessive. We are getting used to having the roads to ourselves and that is why my husband and everyone else (apart from me because I am not driving much) drives in the middle of the road.
A nice misty, rainy day just like in Scotland. In fact Darwin looks just like Scotland. We went for "smoko" which as you can probably guess originally involved smoking. It was a smoking break for the peat cuttters and collectors in times gone by. As already mentioned my husband still likes smoko although it really is not the trend
now. All the coughing and smelling and making ceilings go yellow etc.
Our "smoko" involved tea, coffee and as much cake that you could eat for £3.50. I was controlled and had one piece of chocolate cake. My husband had 3 cakes, the children had 4 cakes each. My daughter was not very hungry at teatime last night and I have just spent the last two hours at the gym burning up 600 calories. I have not lost any weight and I am seriously considering having a bar of Galaxy.
The sugar rush was quite unbearable afterwards. My son was yelling in a very annoying high pitched way. We went for a walk along by the water, avoiding sheep, chickens and ducks. They were also very hyperactive and kept quacking and cock a doodle doing. Our dog was going mad and she had not even had any cake.
.
Monday, 5 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yep - life's too short to do housework and it's not a gender predisposition
ReplyDelete