Sunday, 2 May 2010

Restless in Scotland

My husband has spent the weekend pacing.  He does not know what to do with himself.  He was even watching me check my emails and he is is standing over me again as I write this.  I got badgered into a family swimming outing this afternoon while I would rather have spent all day at home reading Sunday papers and wasting time on Facebook. He hovered for so long and then it became unbearable so I had to put myself into a swimming costume which really was quite traumatic once I looked in the mirror - at the swimming pool because of course we have no mirrors at home.  The water was freezing and I always think about what is probably in swimming pool water and it makes me a bit on the queasy side.I did not swallow any so that is one good thing and did not put my head under.

My son has worked out how to use my digital camera to make films.  I am very impressed as I always wanted to know how to do it.  He keeps recharging the batteries and wants to make a video of himself tomorrow lighting a fire and cooking sausages at his grandparent's house.  They really are in for a treat. I might not be able to get to sleep tonight I will be so excited.

Friday night was interesting.  Champagne at home (I am leaving so it was a special occasion) followed by drinks in the pub and then drinks at a friend's house.  Well a mansion actually and she had a fitted kitchen to die for.  I am 38 and do not have a fitted kitchen.  I really have failed in life and Ireally mean it. I hope I have a fitted kitchen in my house in the Falklands or I might have another episode of "poor me, my life is awful, I don't have a fitted kitchen like everyone else".  My husband would not be able to go through it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment