In one week's time we will be on our way to the Falklands. I am sighing a lot at the moment. It is horrible being in limbo. The oven has finally packed in and the microwave is on a ship on the Atlantic as I write this. Probably in a storm. We have not had an email from the dog as promised but I suppose no news in good news. I hope she has not been seasick.
The house is falling apart, a window pane crumbled in my hands today. There are some joys to renting. I have cleared out the kitchen cupboards. I even had tins that were out of date.
I have visited the rubbish dump every day for the last 5 days. The man on the gate no longer stops and asks me what I am dumping. I know my way around. It stinks. He must think my life is very sad - constantly cleaning out and dumping. Maybe he thinks I have one of those compulsive cleaning disorders. The highlight of my day today was buying a pair of rubber gloves and some mildew remover. The excitement in Tescos nearly overwhelmed me.
I have spent the last hour helping my children make party bags for their classmates when they leave school on Friday. I have bought 44 penguin biscuits, animal balloons and mini Crunchies. Children are very expensive. They also suggested hair clips and Matchbox cars. If I hadn't stopped their suggestions, it would have been DS games and Avatar DVDs.
They are singing at the top of their voices in a high pitched strange way and my daughter has her tap shoes on. Tap tap tap. I think they are getting excited. I think I am going to open the wine. Sip sip sip. Gulp gulp gulp. My husband is "working late". In other words he is drinking coffee in the office and will come home late with a stressed face on once he knows bathtime and bedtime is over.
They are now singing in my ear.....Both of them. Loudly.
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No tap shoes here, thank goodness. They make enough noise all on their own.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with the move...hope the wine helps.