There are two supermarkets in Stanley. I visited The West Store on Saturday which is the biggest one. Pricing is strange. £4 for a top quality joint of silverside beef and then £6 for half a brown lettuce. A bunch of bananas is £4 and carrots are £3 but then mince is 65p a pack. Mutton and beef hearts are also on sale.
Reduced items are out of date by about 3 months. They are reduced down to normal UK prices. There are no buy one get one free offers.
There are Waitrose frozen meals and vegetables and frozen fish that I have never heard of. Conger Eel and Kingsclip.
Good news is that Chilean Wine is £1.99 a bottle. It is drinkable. At first I panicked when I thought there was no sherry available to buy but there is, Harvey's Bristol Cream. A litre of that should see me through Winter months.
Monday, 31 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment