Monday, 14 June 2010

Sheep skulls

My son and daughter saw their first sheep skull on Saturday.  In fact they saw a whole decaying sheep.  we had a funeral and said some prayers at the request of my son.  I think there will be quite a few sheep skulls to see in our time here. The turkey vultures had made a good job of tidying things up.

I have spent the morning at the gym.  I should never had stood on the scales.  It was far worse than I thought.  The weight I thought I was dated back to 2001 when I last weighed myself. Things have gradually got a bit worse since then.  Sort of like the British economy, cuts are going to have to be made and they are long overdue.  I, like the labour government have been in serious denial for a long time about how bad things really are.  I have been watching Sky news for the last half an hour, I am quite depressed and maybe I should stop doing so much internet shopping.

There is something here called the Falklands Stone.  It could be something to do with all the frozen food you end up eating - potato waffles, fish fingers, chicken kievs, hash browns, oven chips, all deep fried in oil no doubt. Then there are the very convenient vending machines selling crisps, chocolate, pringles, sandwiches.  Then there is the great cafe selling freshly baked home-made cakes.  I am starving, have to go it is time for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment