Sunday, 6 June 2010

A whole new world of tinned and frozen food

In The Falklands Iceland food is really popular.  I don't think I have ever been inside an Iceland shop in Scotland. I am turning into Kerry Katona. "Only smart Mum's go to Iceland" now has meaning.  There is also frozen Waitrose food although it is expensive.  A few more month's here and £14 for a frozen Waitrose fish pie will seem like a bargain. 

We have also being going through tinned food like never before.  Heinz steaming (I mean steamed, I have got to go easy on the cheap Chilean Wine) puddings are quite nice.  I might have to start buying tinned fruit.  The fresh fruit is interesting.  Carrots are a weird shape in an organic sort of way. I know, carrots are not fruit. 

Out of date food here is not a problem, totally acceptable, no-one would dare complain, if you don't want to buy it, you starve.  It really is that simple.  It is not marked down unless it is really old.

I have decided that I may have to become a vegetarian.  I saw very juicy looking cow's tongues for sale in the supermarket in Stanley yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment