Sunday, 27 June 2010

Winter's day at Surf Bay

Had a great day today at Surf Bay which is just outside Stanley.  We went to help plant the Tussock grass that was collected yesterday from Kidney Island.  My daughter and I lasted about 5 minutes, our hair was blowing in our eyes and something, maybe dust or soil was blowing up from the peat as we tried to dig into it.  We had our waterproofs on and I had so many layers that I fitted easily into my husband's coat.  I looked ridiculous.  We left my husband and son to it and headed off to the beach instead.

My daughter and I met the three legged dog on the beach that we had heard about and watched Dolphins swimming in the sea. Our dog was brave enough to go into the water.  She also rolled in something disgusting and now stinks.  My husband suggested giving her a bath but that really did raise my blood pressure.  No way, she would shake herself all over the bathroom and I cleaned it yesterday.

Our car with the dodgy clutch made it to Stanley and back.  We saw a defender just like ours upside down in the ditch.  The Stanley road and the ditches on either side are just not funny. The only disappointment was that The Pink Shop was closed.  This is a shop that is Pink on the outside and sells a basket full of wool for felting.  Last night Florence my felted fish got lucky and met Fred.  They are getting very friendly.



Another tin of pilchards last night on toast washed down with Chilean rose wine at £3.  I know how to push the boat out. Here is good website

http://www.glenryck.co.uk/pages/pilchard-recipes.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment