Thursday, 26 August 2010

Back to the other side

Well we made it safe and sound to the land of wind.  It has definitely got windier. Sun is shining and house has not blown over. Off to the shop soon to get some Pilchards, oh how I have missed them.

I forgot just as we were taking off last night just how much I am afraid of flying.  I watched the doors being closed and then got it in my head that the air hostess had not locked them properly and I thought they might open as we were taking off and then I would have been sucked out into mid air somewhere over England.  That would be a sorry way to go. I was also convinced that I had left my mobile phone on during the second take off and I would be responsible for the plane losing control and I would be prosecuted. It was switched off.  I checked it about 10 times.

It is a miracle I go anywhere.  I am taking a real risk walking to the shop in this wind. My hair is going to go curly. I bet the Turkey Vultures have missed me.

I have to say it is lovely to be back.  It is so open and unspoilt here. I felt really happy as the plane was landing.  This was partly because I was relieved the plane had arrived in one piece. I do not think those safely emergency slides would be much fun and if we ever had to land in the sea it would be freezing and very choppy.

 I feel relaxed, white wine chilling in fridge, I will be asleep by teatime.

No comments:

Post a Comment