Monday, 2 August 2010

Only fruit and nut chocolate left on shelves

Food is shipped to the Falkland Islands and there seems to be a shortage of chocolate bars.  I had a very disturbing shop yesterday. Only bars of Cadburys fruit and nut and one packet of Maltesers. Also no oven chips. I had to resort to eating Iceland's cauliflower cheese.  I have tasted better but I am trying not to be fussy.  The rest of the confectionary shelves were empty.  I checked the vending machines and they were empty also. I could hardly sleep last night with the worry of it all.  I would probably need medication if I had to live without chocolate. I would have to leave the Falkland Islands.

Spent most of yesterday recovering from Saturday night's Summer ball.  I had intended not to drink but I was driven to it with circumstances of the day earlier on. Pimms, rose wine, white wine and champagne. It was quite difficult walking in the ice and snow in high heels.

I nearly set the house on fire before I went out.  Put the microwave popcorn on for 4 minutes instead of 3.  There was smoke everywhere and I turned up at the ball smelling of a wood fire. I downed two Pimms and then had to phone my babysitter to check that the smouldering bag of burnt popcorn had not gone on fire in the dustbin outside.  I had seen a fire engine on the way to the ball and my house is made of wood.

My daughter answered the phone and sighed and slammed the phone down on me.  I am becoming a bit of an embarrassment to her. I think her patience is beginning to run out. I can't even appease her with chocolate.

Good news is that my dress was too big for me and my babysitter helped me to pin myself into my dress with safety pins so it would not fall down.

No comments:

Post a Comment