Tuesday, 5 October 2010

A day without wind

I was out walking earlier in the sunshine and realised what was missing - no wind.  It is unusual.  I saw people walking, running and even someone on a bike.  Seeing people on a bike is not an every day occurrence.  It is not the safest of activies in 60mph winds.

I am hoping this stillness is going to last. My hair is looking quite good today. I have made some more Penguins and an Angel.



I have found out that a Falkland Islander is growing vegetables in Fitzroy which is not far from here.  He grows blue potatoes.  My husband has met him. He has a big conservatory.  I want to meet him.  There is also a potato farmer here. 

We have planted chillies, carrots and lettuce this week in the polytunnel and I might be able to make some raised beds for potatoes outside using old wooden crates that I have managed to save from being binned.  I am like Stig of the Dump.

No comments:

Post a Comment