Eleven years ago I got married. Never would I have thought that I would have spent my wedding anniversary on a helicopter flying around The Falkland Islands. How did this happen? I was going to live in Edinburgh all my life and marry a Scotsman.
My husband gave me half an hour's notice to get ready and then we were off. My first time in a helicopter and not being great with heights I was making a few funny faces at the beginning. I looked very attractive in my earmuffs. Also some dashing army men sitting beside me.
The West Falklands are just like Scotland. The land is so barren, the beaches have golden sand and geologists would love the see all the different rock formations.
Still no potatoes in the shops but who cares, Champagne and chocolates tonight in front of Strictly Come Dancing and X Factor. Wedding anniversary number 11 is going to be a hard act to follow.
ps Not a Penguin, Sea Lion or Dolphin in sight. I think I might scare them.
Saturday, 2 October 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wonderful present! Can't think of anything better.
ReplyDelete