Sunday, 12 December 2010

Christmas stress already

My husband and I have managed to have an argument about internet shopping.  How is this possible?  We are nowhere near real shops, a shopping centre is somewhere we never go together. The queues, the heat, the lights, the bags.  I am breathing heavily just thinking about it.  Ikea is the worst location on earth as far as my husband is concerned.  He flinches when he sees the sign.

The huffing and puffing this afternoon about children's wellies sizes and why wouldn't the website accept BFPO addresses.  The laptop nearly went out the window.  Of course it was too windy today to open the windows.

I am in charge of looking after my friend's chickens.  They have laid two eggs so far and are quite friendly when I throw chicken feed at them.  They peck a bit at my legs which unsettles me.  I have just been to check on them and they are huddled in the henhouse expecting another night of lashing rain and howling wind.

I have remembered how much I hate Christmas.  It is all nonsense and stresses me out.  Roll on 26th December when it is all over. The only good thing is the mulled wine and bread sauce and at least it is not cold and snowing. That would just finish me off.

I am having a "I am sick of the Falklands" weekend.  I cannot get the food I want and there are no shops and the wind is relentless.

Rebecca should have won the X factor tonight, she is very elegant and does not realise it.

No comments:

Post a Comment