Friday, 17 December 2010

Pepper and advent calendars

Well it is now Friday and it has been a mixed week.  In Stanley today my son decided to find out what reaction he would get if he put pepper in his sister's Dr Pepper drink in the middle of a busy cafe at lunchtime. It was not the most postive of actions that followed.

Earlier in the week my son and his partner in crime decided to open their little's friends advent calendar on his behalf while he is on holiday in Chile. What ever happened to the old fashioned mantra of - children should be seen and not heard.

I am off to New Island tomorrow, my husband has packed my rucksack and all I have to do is get up tomorrow morning and be ready to go at 8.15am.  I am looking forward to seeing some Albatross.

In the supermarket in Stanley today I bought fresh marscapone and ricotta cheese, I even saw fresh cream.  There is apparently an extra flight coming over every week related to oil drilling.  I hope there is oil here, I may be able to buy bananas and pineapples soon.

At the end of the day all is well, both of my children now have their own advent calendars even though it is over half way through December and my son realises that pepper in fizzy drinks is not going to put Mummy in a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment