This weekend has been fun. What lovely friends I have here in The Falklands. We had a lovely ladies lunch on Friday afternoon which started off in the mess in a very demure fashion but then the champagne corks started popping during the first course and everything began to get into a bit of a blur. I was the only one out of 27 women who did not get a rather naughty joke and spent the rest of the lunch trying to work it out with a glazed look on my face. My husband thankfully was able to fill in the blanks.
I discovered jam donut cocktails - very nice. Also heard a lovely romantic story that put a smile on my face. In fact I just cannot stop smirking for a variety of reasons this weekend.
Today I went to church (I thought it may stop me smirking) dressed entirely in a friend's clothes I have bought from the thrift shop. I tried to totter along in a pair of my high heels but had to return home to change into my familiar Falklands boots. I am sick of dressing in fleeces, boots and dodgy old coat. When I return to the UK, I am going to have style. I am going to have handbags, high heels and accessories that match.
I asked my husband if he liked my top this morning. He said it was "too trendy". My daughter said it was awesome. My husband would like me to go out wearing tweed or maybe a nice fitted shirt. I am not even 40 yet. He also likes me going out with no make up and thinks I should stop dyeing my hair..
Everyone except me has gone to Bertha's beach to do a beach clean up. The last clean up consisted of walking around the beach for two hours and collecting 14 bin bags worth of rubbish - mainly plastic bags. They are very bad for Penguins. Unfortunately the wind is giving me wrinkles so I am going to have to stop going on on nature trails and stay indoors concentrating on my felting and surfing on fashionable websites to plan my future outfits.
I am off to the gym to get rid of my stomach so that I can wear my new line of trendy fitted tops. I am going to look really stupid on the treadmill with this smirk on my face.
Sunday, 5 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment