There is still a shortage of potatoes so I may have to resort to eating Smash this week. It is the only way I am going to get Smashed because alcohol is a big no no in my life from now on. I have decided to become totally tee-total. So far I am on day 3.
I went to the gym this morning and ran 10km and I am 1 kilo lighter. I am high on all the endorphins and I am officially a gym freak. I will start wearing a sweatband on my forehead soon.
I have managed to get hold of 30 empty plastic mayonnaise and 4 litre ice-cream tubs for the school polytunnel. I collect them next week. I think I looked a bit suspicious poking my nose in skips today. This week we are planting peas and courgettes.
Yesterday we had the best day in Darwin feeding lambs and then having smoko (Falklands tea and cakes). My husband kept praising the home-made rhubarb jam so I know what I getting him for Christmas.
The shelves in the shop are jam packed with food. I even managed to get hold of some babybels. I am not going to complain though because the lady we talked to in Darwin yesterday told us about how she never saw a Cherry Tomato for 8 months and lived on ration packs. There is always someone worse off in the world.
A man from St Helena has just rang my doorbell to tell me that from Wednesday there will be workmen here painting my house. Another man also turned up to spray weed killer on my garden. I did explain I have no grass but he happily sprayed the stones anyway. There is grass seed on its way...
I love living in my wooden house on its stilts with its wriggly tin roof.
Prior to this house we lived in a rented house in Scotland. Renting in the private sector was a learning experience. I have learnt the lesson and I do not think I need any more knowledge in this area. I was shocked but then I am very naive and very spoilt. I have been well looked after over the last 11 years but it I only realised it once I lived out of the bubble. I am so glad I have jumped back in.
Monday, 27 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment