Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Postal fights

Today after school my son and daughter had a fight over my Boden sale Parisien pumps.  Our post is flown over from the UK once a week and about 4 days later (do not ask me why it takes so long to sort out) I can either collect it or my husband brings it home. 

Today his friend delivered it to me and left it inside my house while I was out.  My children now recognise the Amazon, Marks and Spencers and brown paper parcels that my Mum sends from Scotland.  They were hitting and thumping each other trying to get my parcel unwrapped the minute they walked through the door. At least it saved me the job of opening them myself but what a racket I had to put up with.

I gave them a babybel and they settled down to watch an episode of Glee. I have found that babybels can solve quite a lot of day to day problems. Nutella sandwiches also do the trick.

We have stopped receiving free weekly black bin bags.  Our rubbish is collected every Friday and Monday.  I do not think I will be able to cope if I have to start buying my own binbags and even a babybel will not take the upset away. Imagine, having to pay for my own bin bags.  What a liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment