Monday, 31 January 2011

Birds

I have just got back from swimming and the fence on the left hand side of my house is covered with birds.  They keep chirping.  It is quite annoying. They are not on anyone else's house.  I am finding this all a bit strange and remember that when I lived in Canada on the prairie 4 large grey owls perched daily on top of my house, then they would keep me awake at night with their jumping on the roof.  They used to leave dead half eaten animals in my garden. Usually it was just the heads.

One day I was sitting in the garden, and an owl swopped right over my head nearly messing up my hair. Those owls were the most beautiful birds I had ever seen. They were huge. I loved the way they could turn their heads all the way around - like the girl in that horror film.  The one that is so famous I have forgotten the name of.

What is it about me that attracts birds.  It was not long ago that the Turkey Vulture was stalking me. I will have to google it and will report back with my findings. A bird flew into one of the plane's engines this weekend.



This is a chicken I felted earlier.



Well I have had quite a lot on my mind this past weekend. It has been quite exhausting. I am too tired to start to think about it again never mind try to explain. I may collapse it is so draining and I have to go to the polytunnel in a minute and water my courgettes and spring onions.

 I went to an excellent Burns night on Saturday and was in great company. I started the evening with two large glasses of sherry and the haggis was delicious.   I have increased my exercise routine in preparation for action man's return and I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Must go and feed the birds - like the lady in Mary Poppins. Feed the birds, tuppence a bag la la la la la ....

I have just remembered the name of the film - The Exorcist.  I do not recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment