Just had an evening picnic at the beach. Penguins made an appearance out of the waves but no Dolphins to be seen. I was drinking lager out of a can and eating a Christmas Indian platter from Iceland. The beach was deserted which is probably just as well. Drinking lager out of a can is not really a good look although it seemed to come quite naturally.
I have finally given in and buy Iceland food without a second thought. So far today I have had Iceland chicken fajita pizza £1, Indian platter £4 (between 4 adults). Tomorrow I am going to try Iceland scampi £2 and vegetarian curry £1.50. The chicken breasts that you can cook from frozen amaze me.
My freezer is jam packed with Iceland frozen food. I could start up my own freezer shop. There is no Tesco finest or Marks and Spencer but when I feel like splashing out there are some frozen Birds Eye products I can buy. Vegetable fingers to try tomorrow.
There is always The West Store in Stanley where I could buy a frozen Waitrose fish pie for £14 . My husband bought me some Whittards hot chocolate for Christmas for £12.99. If Stanley was not 50 minutes drive away I would have taken it back by now. The big plus about Iceland food is that it is not out of date. Frozen food lasts for years.
The sun today was glorious and there was no wind. I forgot to put sun cream on my feet and they are now bright red and burning. I will be wearing socks tomorrow with my sandals. This sun is getting past a joke. Every day at 7am the sun shines through the curtains waking me up. I might have to start sleeping with my sunglasses on. The house is boiling, the dog can't stand it. The washing dries in 10 minutes.
Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment