Friday, 14 January 2011

Intense sadness that creeps up without warning

Yesterday I was very brave and nochalant, so what if my friend was moving back to Scotland tonight.  I joked with her and said I had a new friend to take her place but today I am not being brave. I am not telling any lies. My face says it all.  I have been crying since 6pm. I hope it burns up calories.

I went to happy hour and had to hide with the children in another room pretending I was looking after them.  The tears were just flowing. Every time I looked at her I started weeping.  How awful military life can be on days like this.  I have said so many goodbyes over the years and this has been as hard as saying goodbye to my Mum 8 months ago.  Your heart literally aches. You make close friendships very quickly because you live very close to each other and see each other every day.  Living in a goldfish bowl means that you form very strong bonds and know just about everything about each other, warts and all.

ps - I am premenstrual but I do not think this has anything to do with the way I am feeling....my children have just told me to get a grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment