Well here I am again one week on and still talking about food. I bought some frozen strawberries today and got very excited. We had them this evening and my husband asked if they were the tinned ones from China that were in the out of date tin we had last time. They were £4.99 for a tiny bag.
To dampen my spirits more, my Lakeland package full of yoghurt making supplies did not arrive with this weekend's plane so I will have to wait until Saturday. I made the delivery nearly 10 days ago. Getting post once a week is for patient people.
But some very exciting things have happened today. Firstly and most importantly I am an Auntie and I have been smiling proudly all day. I am also the proud carer of my first tomato seedling. I felt it was a miraculous moment when I saw the little green shoot. How I love growing things.
The sun has been shining all day and the sky has been blue and the wind fairly manageable. I think Spring may be on its way. I have definitely been hearing more birds singing and it is light until 7pm.
The seeds will soon be planted in the polytunnel and I will have salad by November.
I took some photos today while out walking the dog and when I put them on the computer I realised how lucky I am to be here in this unique place. It is barren and windy but natural and I like it.
Tuesday, 14 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment