Tuesday, 7 September 2010

The school run

The journey to school in The Falklands was relatively stress-free this morning.  No rush hour, no problem finding a parking space.  Just a nice walk in the snow surrounded by Upland Geese. I did end up with two school bags, lunch boxes and swimming kit but it is a good start to the day. The wind chill gave me a nice bright red glow to my face.  It has probably burned my skin off my cheeks.  I will not need to spend any money on a chemical peel at least.

I now intend to bleach my house.  I found a dried up noodle on the kitchen floor this morning and the oven has not been cleaned since June.  I found a burnt potato waffle at the back over the weekend. I could never understand why no matter what I cooked it always smelt of burnt potato.

Getting annoyed with the limited range of food on offer to buy in MPA.  There is a limit to how many prawns I can eat.  I have not seen chicken breasts for weeks and I need an onion but I may have to drive for 50 minutes in the wind to Stanley for that.  It is annoying me today.

I would like fresh milk, not UHT.  I would like vegetables like aubergines and courgettes.  I would like fresh herbs not dried.  I did manage to get a dozen fresh eggs from a farmer's wife who works here so I will be able to bake cakes at least. 

I went to see the Chilean hairdresser this afternoon to talk about going natural - from dyed blonde to mousey brown.  I live in a natural environment so maybe I should become peroxide free. She told me that she would indeed sort my hair out with highlights or lowlights and not to worry she would get rid of the yellow. My hair is yellow.  Nothing better than honestly I always think. 

My children are still up eating chocolate profiteroles.  Licking all the sauce from the bowls.  It is past their bedtime.  I have a busy evening ahead looking up felting websites and blogs. Why can't children just go to sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment