Monday, 6 September 2010

Sleeping on the sofa

The storm last night was fierce.  The wind felt as if it was coming sideways through our house.  I lay in bed thinking that the wind was so strong it was going to force my bedroom window inwards and then it would smash all over the bed.  Once I got this into my head I grabbed a spare duvet and tried to get some sleep on the living room sofa.  The wind was howling and so strong.  I could feel the house shaking.  I think it was 60mph.

I had a restless dream filled sleep.  There was snow this morning and I managed to get the children to school in a gap in the snowstorms. My daughter had a headache with the cold, you can feel the wind burning your cheeks. So far she has been refusing to wear a hat but she may have to give in today and not worry about whether or not it is fashionable.  I will be putting my balaclava on when I go out to pick them up.

Our bird table has blown over and there are no Turkey Vultures.  They are in hiding along with my neighbour's chickens.

I have had to move my tomato plants into the kitchen.  The conservatory is freezing today and nothing will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment