Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Onions

My whole day today has been disrupted by the lack of onions for sale in The Falklands.  It all started last night when I wanted to make a big batch of bolognese.  I had no onions.  My husband very kindly went out to get some but the shop did not have any.  He did return with wine so all was not lost.

Due to the fact there is no Tesco here or 24 hour shopping I waited until today.  I was on a mission.

This morning all the shop had to offer were soggy brown onions that were spongy or red onions with green roots showing. My whole day has actually been dictated by onions.  I taste and smell of onions because the home-made coleslaw I made two days ago (using up all the onions I had) has far too many onions in it. I am becoming obsessed with onions.

The good  news is that I am going to help out two days a week in the school polytunnel and the first seeds I am planting are onions. I have been told I can buy frozen chopped onions in Stanley so that will be the event of the weekend.

My hair is still yellow, the hairdresser was closed today.

My son was amazed to see the sun's rays poking through the morning clouds.  It was a miracle and we took a photo.

ps: for those who read this regularly you will note that my last few posts have been quite mundane and sensible.  Although my antics of last week were absolutely hilarious I am really trying to behave myself from now on.  Cooking with onions will keep me on the straight and narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment