Just when I was getting excited about the possibility of moving to Nepal for two years, it was confirmed yesterday that my husband will be going on a little tour and I will be going to somewhere in Englandshire to wait for his return. Luckily I live by the mantras of "what will be will be", "everything will turn out in the end" and my favourite "every cloud has a silver lining".
Pros - I will be able to easily get hold of fruit and vegetables, the milk will not be UHT, I will have unlimited broadband access.
Cons - totally expensive to live and breathe in the UK, petrol, food, tax, cinema, swimming, parking. There will also be drizzle to contend for half of the year, maybe some flooding thrown in and a shortage of salt in the Winter when the snow arrives. The evening news will be so depressing I will have to unplug the television. It will be too expensive to pay for the heating bills.
Best of all I will have to smile, stifle yawns and listen to people talking about how much their houses are worth and would I like to see their new kitchens.
I will however be able to buy the Daily Mail on a regular basis and Nick Clegg and I will be in the same country. I will also get nice and thin worrying about my husband's safety.
Thursday, 4 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment