Friday, 19 November 2010

Happy hour in 15 minutes

Friday again.  Time is different in the Falklands.  Weeks fly by.  Sometimes I get confused about what month I am on.  Everytime I write a cheque I have to ask what date it is. Here we are in November and it is bright warm sunshine.  It gets light at 6am.  I associate November with cold dark mornings in Scotland where it is vitually impossible to get out of bed. 

I was sweating today while out walking the dog. It was very unattractive. The sun is so strong, no clouds in the sky and no ozone layer. I have realised I have been overfeeding the dog.  Giving her double helpings of food.  I am running out of poo bags. Although I like to keep my husband updated on my daily goings on I think I  may omit the dog overfeeding.  He will not be very understanding. I have managed to keep the door on the car this week.

Rocket, lettuce and radishes ready in the polytunnel.  Also got hold of some oranges today and had some freshly squeezed orange juice.  This is a real luxury. I could hardly believe what I was seeing in the glass. Juice from a fruit.  Utterly amazing.  It had not been frozen or tinned.

In 10 minutes I will be seeing white wine in a glass.  The children are arguing about the sharing out of their final Halloween sweets.  One has one more chewit that the other. It is the end of the world. Sometimes life it just not fair.

Friday night happy hour is about to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment