Well my red pesto Falklands caught Mullet on a bed of oven cooked spinach with balsamic vinegar and grated cheese went down very well at the pot luck ladies supper tonight. I am a culinary genius on the same level as Nigella Lawson - obviously. I made the recipe all by myself by stealing it from my friend's husband and using a jar of ready made pesto sauce along with the £1 Iceland frozen spinach that takes 8 minutes to cook in the microwave. I should write and publish a recipe book.
I have also taken to eating salmon paste on my home cooked bread. Not something I ever imagined doing but there you are, it is really true that we do not know what life has in store for us. As they say in Scotland what's for you will not go by you.
The wind is really getting on my nerves. I could hardly walk home tonight. It has been blowing around all day. The dog has been cowering in the kitchen since this morning. I am glad to say I still do have my car doors attached although the polytunnel door is about to go. I have wedged it together with tyres I managed to get my hands on.
The windows in my house have been painted on the outside and now I can't open them from the inside. Maybe I am in an open prison and I just don't realise it.
I went visiting a neighbour today with a friend and introduced her as myself. I did not correct myself I did not even notice, my friend had to point out she was not me. I have started laughing for no reason. The sun was very strong today. I think I may have overdosed on vitamin D but that is OK tomorrow the hailstones may be back.
Monday, 15 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment